A Few Words from Fido
Dear Mom and Dad,
Thank you so much for bringing me to Summer Sands so I can enjoy Wrightsville Beach with you, but there are a few things that will make me more comfortable and also ensure that I can come back with you in the future.
- Rooms 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 108, 205, 207, 208, 305, 306, 307, and 308 are the dog-friendly rooms. I’m not supposed to be in any other rooms.
- It only costs:
- 1-7 days $15 per day.
- Management has to approve stays over 7 days.
- There’s a $100 damage deposit. (But it’s refundable within 24 hours because you know I will be good!)
- If you leave me in the room by myself I really feel better in my crate. If you did not bring mine they do have a few you can use, but check to make sure one is available if you’re not bringing mine from home.
- Don’t leave me in the bathroom, I don’t know where I am and it makes me very nervous and I might bark and scratch the door.
- Please remember to bring my special blanket and a (quiet) toy that I can feel comfortable when I’m in a strange place.
- If I do get on furniture at our house you can be sure I will do it here, so please ask the front desk for an extra sheet to cover the sofa or bed. I know you LOVE me, but the next guest or the housekeeper does not love me like you do!
- If we’re here between October and April we can walk on the beach together as long as I’m on a leash. If it’s after April I can’t go on the beach, but I can walk around The Loop and everywhere. I know, that makes me sad too, but there are a lot of people and it is really hot and you could get fined because the town has rules.
- Don’t leave me in the room too long because I will miss you, plus I’ll really need to go do my business.
- I don’t feel comfortable out by the pool. There’s no shade and I might try and jump in the water, and that could get us both in trouble. So let’s just stay away from the pool area.
- Last thing: Please clean-up after me. You know I would if I could. Bring our special bags and be considerate of other people and their pets when taking me for walks around Summer Sands and Wrightsville Beach. I think they are all very dog friendly here and I will be on my best behavior so we can come back again and again.